"I Am Not Scared" Project
School violence – problems with aggression and brutality
Rousse University “Angel Kanchev”
Violence, students, aggression, injury
Parents, Teachers, Researchers, School Directors.
1 - 20 pages
The document discusses what violence is and what the forms of violence in school are. It also includes analysis of violent behavior and pedagogical approaches for dealing with it.
School violence is a problem for which long has been avoided.Violence can occur in most diverse forms - from bickering and insulting remarks to causing physical injury and even murder.
Violence is any behavior that violates the rights of another person. We can speak of violence even in cases when a person does not realize that.
Students are exposed to direct violence by their peers. Factors that provoke cruelty in the student community are:
• Personal aggression of the students themselves, depending on
their individual circumstances. It is exacerbated during the crisis of the adolescent period;
• Previous life experiences of students associated with aggression and violence, or monitoring of such actions;
• Ignorance of non-violent methods of conflict resolution;
• Tradition in the school community, provoking and stimulating aggression and violence;
• Drastic change in the value system in which values such as solidarity, a willingness to help or sympathy are pushed into the background.
The document is very well structured and gives synthesized information on the regarded topic. It is good to be used as a starting point for the people who want to gain a general idea about the problem of school violence.
Finally the document lists the pedagogical methods of work regarding the prevention of student aggression and violence:
1. Modeling ethical behavior in the family, schools and public places through proper education and personal example of adults.
2. Opening of the symptoms and causes of any act of aggression.
3. Control and joint actions of educators and parents to overcome the aggressive thinking, mood and behavior among students.
4. Study and analyze the causes and manifestations of aggression through audits, interviews, consultations, polls and more.
5. Education and motivating students to share their problems and feelings, to master their anger, to think before acting and to seek alternative solutions to their problems - without conflict and aggression.
6. Inclusion of aggressive students and informal leaders in extracurricular activities in the forms of student government.
7. Eliminating all school factors that may cause aggressive behavior among students.
8. Study and application of good schools and other social practices in prevention and overcoming of aggressive behavior among students.
9. Encouraging and motivating students with moral and material rewards.
10. Existence of a good psychological climate in school.
Zinev Art Technologies, Bulgaria
I Am Not Scared Project
Copyright 2017 - This project has been funded with support from the European Commission