"I Am Not Scared" Project
Lithuanian Republic Ministry of Social Security and Labour Order.
Concerning national child abuse prevention and child support program for the year 2011-2015 approval
The Minister of Social Security and Labour Donatas Jankauskas
Lithuanian Republic Ministry of Social Security and Labour
Physical violence, crime prevention, violence, children, child
Parents, Policy Makers, Teachers, School Directors.
1 - 20 pages
In this 24th of March 2010 Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania Nr.330 include:
1. general provisions of National child abuse prevention and child support program year 2011-2015;
2. aims and objectives;
3. implementation, funding and control of implementation;
4. expected results;
5. evaluation criteria of implementation of the program.
The general provisions present the purpose of the program, disclosures the terms related to this subject. There are planned a number of measures to organizing public education, training courses for those working with children, services for children who are victims of violence, international co-operation.
This document is relevant as it presents in detail the measures of the national child abuse prevention and child support program for 2011-2015. It is important for schools, for our work in preventing bullying and violence::
1. The clarity of the purpose and objectives of the program, which aims to protect children from abuse and to provide more comprehensive assistance for victims.
2. There is provided estimated deadline for implementation of the program and its funding, which preliminary requirements are presented in the annex. It specifically describes what measures are provided for each task to implement the program, program execution time and responsible executives. The program is carried out by a lot of different ministries, whose activities overlap. Maybe local municipalities should be involved into the program implementation because they are most aware of the situation in their city or region.
3. The expected results are provided, but we would like to see less theoretical and share information, and more concrete help to the injured child and his family.
4. When evaluating the criteria of the program implementation it would be more appropriate to put more emphasis on non-informational, the methodological publications, and the percentage of children that have received free expert assistance, the percentage of children and their family members received comprehensive services.
Šiauliai “Rasos” secondary school
I Am Not Scared Project
Copyright 2017 - This project has been funded with support from the European Commission